GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need a Name Please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/10743-need-name-please.html)

Wendy 17-03-2003 08:44 PM

Need a Name Please

I may have posted a query on this a long while back, but
anybody who has access to Wildcatt, please could you help.

Cattleya bicolor x Brassavola digbyana

All I can remember is either "ruler or river" in the name?? I aquired the
name from some kind person on this group but the info went out
the window with my old hard drive!
Cheers Wendy

Nina Baltes 17-03-2003 08:56 PM

Need a Name Please

Wendy wrote:
I may have posted a query on this a long while back, but
anybody who has access to Wildcatt, please could you help.

Cattleya bicolor x Brassavola digbyana

All I can remember is either "ruler or river" in the name?? I aquired the
name from some kind person on this group but the info went out
the window with my old hard drive!

Brassocattleya Calypso is Brassavola digbyana x Cattleya bicolor.
You can use the RHS search for this kind of thing, no subscription
necessary ;):
http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis..._parentage.asp

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur

WNeptune 17-03-2003 09:08 PM

Need a Name Please

Cattleya bicolor x Brassavola digbyana

All I can remember is either "ruler or river" in the name?? I aquired the
name from some kind person on this group but the info went out
the window with my old hard drive!
Cheers Wendy

This is an old cross dating back to 1908, and is Bc Calypso.
It's of interest to me that if one searches for the cross using Rhyncholaelia,
the answer is no registered hybrid.

Kenni Judd 17-03-2003 09:32 PM

Need a Name Please

My WildCatt comes up with Bc. Calypso. Perhaps the "ruler or river" was in
the clonal name?

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Wendy 17-03-2003 11:32 PM

Need a Name Please

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to help me.
Not sure on the Rhyncholaelia bit?
Cheers Wendy

Wendy 17-03-2003 11:32 PM

Need a Name Please

Thank you Kenni, for your help. It rings a bell now & you are correct, it
was "Bold river or ruler"?
Cheers Wendy
. ..