GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Encylia name ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/107627-encylia-name.html)

John Carruthers 02-10-2005 10:57 AM

Encylia name ?

Hi all, long time no see, my number 1 daughter bought me an Encylia
'Octopussy' at RHS Wisley yesterday, I wondered if it should be
'Encylia Cochleata var Octopussy' or am I looking at the wrong sort of
books ?
jc

K Barrett 02-10-2005 05:21 PM

I don't see Octopussy as a registered hybrid name, so you may be right John,
that its Encyclia cochleata 'Octopussy'. But I don't know enough about
what's making the rounds of the shows these days to know whether this is a
popular orchid out there in the marketplace or not. Anyone?

K Barrett