Old 11-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Prem Subrahmanyam

Default invitation to the daily/nightly/whenever orchid chat

For those of you who are unaware, a group of orchid growers (a few from
this group, a few from elsewhere) hang out together on most any evening
chatting about our orchids and whatever else comes to mind. It's a
standard irc-type chat room, where you must type in order to converse...

To join in, you first need to get an IRC client program...a good one for
Windows is mIRC, a good one for the Mac is ircle. Once you have your
client program installed, connect to any of the efnet servers (a few are
efnet.demon.co.uk, irc.prison.net, etc.). Once connected, join the
channel "#orchids" (without the quotes) and you're good to go. Just type
something and hit Enter/Return on your keyboard and your (virtual) voice
will be heard with fellow enthusiasts from around the US (and
occasionally around the world).

I often work late, so I'll be hanging out there when all the folks in
Asia/Australia/New Zealand/etc. might be awake. Feel free to drop in.

---Prem
---Prem
www.premdesign.com