Old 29-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default O/T: Stupidest Wilma Story So Far

In Martin county, two yeehaws were refueling a portable generator at night.

In order to determine the existing fuel level, they stuck a lit candle near
the tank opening.

KaBOOM.

Some people definitely should not be permitted to reproduce.

DK

Old 30-10-2005, 12:36 AM
wendy7

Default Stupidest Wilma Story So Far

Didn't a family of four die because they ran a generator indoors for heat?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 30-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:14:55 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

In Martin county, two yeehaws were refueling a portable generator at night.

In order to determine the existing fuel level, they stuck a lit candle near
the tank opening.

KaBOOM.

Some people definitely should not be permitted to reproduce.

DK

A Genuine Darwin Award Candidate for sure.

Dave Shaking his head
Old 30-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:36:59 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Didn't a family of four die because they ran a generator indoors for heat?

That was over in Katrina's neighborhood Wendy.

Dave
Old 30-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Diana Kulaga

There have been numerous stories about misuse of generators, in spite of the
warnings at all levels. Yet the jerks continue to run them inside, in the
garage, under the bedroom window, you name it.

I still think the candle light is the dumbest of all. HellOOOOO??? Gas
fumes, moron?

Diana

Old 30-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Xi Wang

I still think the candle light is the dumbest of all. HellOOOOO??? Gas
fumes, moron?

Evolution at work....I'll leave thermodynamics to do it's job.

Cheers,
Xi

Old 30-10-2005, 01:21 AM
wendy7

Oh hi there Dave m' laddie. I haven't forgotton about you, how's the
weather
in your neck of the woods?

Old 30-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:21:14 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Oh hi there Dave m' laddie. I haven't forgotton about you, how's the
weather
in your neck of the woods?

Wendy it is lovely and cool with clear skies and a yard full of pecans
to pick up and shell.
We have been very fortunate this Hurricane Season, it can't last for
too many more though..

Dave
Old 30-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Kenni Judd

Yep, that's got to be in the top 5 at least. Although the folks that went
out walking around DURING the storm and got hit by falling trees should also
be in the running ... Kenni

.. .

Old 30-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:17:39 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

There have been numerous stories about misuse of generators, in spite of the
warnings at all levels. Yet the jerks continue to run them inside, in the
garage, under the bedroom window, you name it.

I still think the candle light is the dumbest of all. HellOOOOO??? Gas
fumes, moron?

Diana

The Dumbest was a couple years ago. The family smelled gas -
went next door called the repair crew. The first repair guy in
could not see... took out a lighter to find the light switch.
Ka pow.
SuE

Fan palm damaged by Wilma Sam Gardening 2 05-11-2005 01:50 PM
Wilma Report Kenni Judd Orchids 5 31-10-2005 08:43 PM
How do I fix this leaning tree after what Wilma did to it? sherwindu Gardening 8 31-10-2005 11:37 AM
[IBC] Hurricane Wilma and Loss Martha Fifield Bonsai 0 31-10-2005 03:07 AM
Stupidest thing I've done growing orchids dd Orchids 11 19-09-2003 04:12 PM