Old 02-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Jason M.

Default Info on Orchids

Hi All,

I would like to get into growing orchids and was wondering what books
and/or websites have good information on growing them. Any help is
appreciated.

Jason

Old 02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
GARLAND HANSON

Ortho's new book on orchids is very good plus it is widely available at all
Home Depot and Lowes stores.

Most orchid societies also maintain a library. If you have a club nearby
and care to join, you'll have free access.

Good luck,
Garland

"Jason M." wrote in message
Hi All,

I would like to get into growing orchids and was wondering what books
and/or websites have good information on growing them. Any help is
appreciated.

Jason

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old 02-11-2005, 03:53 PM
K Barrett

Jason M. wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to get into growing orchids and was wondering what books
and/or websites have good information on growing them. Any help is
appreciated.

Jason

In addition to Garlan's advice on the Ortho book 'All About Grownig
Orchids' the American Orchid Society's web site has culture sheets for
the various varieties of orchids. http://www.orchidweb.org Ther are
other sources online but I thnk the Ortho book has enough information
all in one place for someone starting out.

If you are interested in more links try
http://www.orchidmall.com
http://www.orchidwire.com
http://www.orchidlady.com
http://www.ladyslipper.com
http://www.geocities.com/brassia.geo/OSTA.html

In addition to the AOS, other national groups/societies a

The Orchid Digest Magazine http://www.orchiddigest.org
International Phalaenopsis Alliance http://www.phal.org

That should keep you busy.

K Barrett