GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slc. Mango Spice awards??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/108725-slc-mango-spice-awards.html)

GARLAND HANSON 02-11-2005 09:12 PM

Slc. Mango Spice awards???

Can anyone tell me if any cultivars of Slc. Mango Spice (Slc. California
Apricot x Sc. Beaufort) have been awarded? I've got a pretty nice one that
has just opened and wonder if it is worth getting it judged. Photo
forthcoming.
Thanks in advance,
Garland

K Barrett 02-11-2005 09:20 PM

Slc. Mango Spice awards???

GARLAND HANSON wrote:
Can anyone tell me if any cultivars of Slc. Mango Spice (Slc. California
Apricot x Sc. Beaufort) have been awarded? I've got a pretty nice one that
has just opened and wonder if it is worth getting it judged. Photo
forthcoming.
Thanks in advance,
Garland

There's one HCC 79 in wildcatt from 10/04, so its recent. I haven't
looked in the AQs for anything more recent. Here's the description:

"Two flat, well-displayed flowers on one inflorescence; sepals and
petals concolor bright butter yellow; lip darker yellow with slight red
marks in central portion of distal area; substance good; texture matte."

nsw 7.0 nsv 6.2
dsw 6.2 dsl 3.7
pw 2.9 pl 3.5
lsw 1.7 lsl 3.6
lw 2.2 ll 2.5

GARLAND HANSON 02-11-2005 11:24 PM

Slc. Mango Spice awards???

Hmmm, only one at this point. It may be worth getting it judged!
Thanks for the help K (Kathy?)
Garland