Old 04-11-2005, 07:05 AM
John Varigos

Default Visit to Dallas

I am travelling to Dallas/Fort Worth next week and was wondering what the
botanic garden was like for orchids or if there are any decent nurseries or
clubs I can contact to see local orchid collections?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

John

--
John Varigos
Melbourne, Australia

Old 04-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Eric Hunt

John,

I've been to Gunther's Greenhouse, in a suburb north of Dallas. He had a
large hybrid operation and a small but nice collection of species he'd
bought of someone. I bought a few dockrillias and brought them back to SF.
Sadly, that was in The Early Days of my orchid addiction and I killed one of
them and donated the other to OrchidMania. This was about 5 years ago, but
his website looks current: http://www.gunters.com/

I don't recall much about the Botanical Gardens in Dallas - but a visit to
the Fair Park:

http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas...formation.html

is definitely in order - the art deco theme through the entire planned
development is stunning. There are amazing large-scale murals painted on
many of the buildings.

-Eric in SF, who lived in Austin in the late 90s
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
John Varigos

Thanks Eric

I will contact Gunther and the Fair Park looks like a must do.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
[...]

Looking for CO2 source in Dallas Area [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 25-05-2003 10:08 AM
Spring In Dallas Jim Ponds 9 12-04-2003 05:56 AM
Dallas, TX - which zone Snowfeet1 Gardening 4 24-03-2003 09:20 PM
What a treat! Baby water iris! (And Dallas question) jammer Ponds 0 16-02-2003 10:27 AM
Trimming back ornamental grasses: Dallas Blue and another Todd W. Roat Gardening 1 30-01-2003 02:16 PM