Old 08-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Society Speaker

We were fortunate enough to have Martin Motes as our speaker this afternoon.
Given the damage he sustained from Wilma, and the fact that it's a 300 mile
round trip for him, I consider him quite a trouper.

I've heard him before, but he was in top form today, informative as always
and very, very funny. His topics were Paraphalaenopsis and Vanda culture.
The Paraphal info was especially interesting to me.

For those of you who live in this neck of the woods, I'm sure you already
know all this. For others, if you ever have an opportunity to hear him, grab
it.

Oh, and we only bought two plants and Mary Motes latest book. And Frank won
a Vanda in the raffle.

Heh, heh, heh.....

Diana

Old 09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:38:24 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

We were fortunate enough to have Martin Motes as our speaker this afternoon.
Given the damage he sustained from Wilma, and the fact that it's a 300 mile
round trip for him, I consider him quite a trouper.

I've heard him before, but he was in top form today, informative as always
and very, very funny. His topics were Paraphalaenopsis and Vanda culture.
The Paraphal info was especially interesting to me.

For those of you who live in this neck of the woods, I'm sure you already
know all this. For others, if you ever have an opportunity to hear him, grab
it.

Oh, and we only bought two plants and Mary Motes latest book. And Frank won
a Vanda in the raffle.

Heh, heh, heh.....

Diana

I heard a rumor we have him scheduled for spring... Can't wait.

The speakers and the talks are one of the highlights of the AOS
meetings. I wanted to go to St. Louis next fall until I heard
they will be doing a meeting - meeting. No show, no speakers, no
vendors. NO FUN!
SuE
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 AM
K Barrett

wrote:

[...]

Motes was kind enough to take a preorder. I have no idea if I was the
only one with balls or brains enough to go through his past AOS articles
and ask for pieces of plants I liked. I got his emnail address from teh
Homestead page oops I mean the Redland Orchid Grower page - I googled
Redland Orchid Growers.

K Barrett
Old 10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Diana Kulaga

Motes was kind enough to take a preorder. I have no idea if I was the
only one with balls or brains enough to go through his past AOS articles
and ask for pieces of plants I liked. I got his emnail address from teh
Homestead page oops I mean the Redland Orchid Grower page - I googled
Redland Orchid Growers.

K Barrett

Yes, he does take preorders, at least locally. Their email address is
. They also put out an electronic newsletter monthly,
and are happy to include new names.

Diana