Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Kenni Judd

Default Orchid Hurricane Shelter -- near Jupiter, Florida

We posted briefly about this under "Wilma Report," apologies if this is a
re-run for some of you. But we know that many in our area lost their
growing areas (whether it be their trees, pool enclosures, or backyard
shadehouses) during Wilma. If you are in that situation:

We are offering bench space here at Juno Beach Orchids for rent. We would
love to be able to provide it to you free of charge, but given our own
bills, the best we can do is offer it at our own operating cost -- $75/month
for a 3' x 12' bench that will hold about 90 6" pots (approximately $2/sq
ft). The gist of the deal -- which is NOT traditional "boarding" (which
runs about $4/plant/month around here) -- is that the plants you place on
these rental benches will get what our own plants get (water, food,
fungicide, pesticide), when our own plants get it. Regular monitoring, and
any additional care a particular plant may require, will be the renter's
responsibility (to be accomplished during our regular business hours of
Tues-Sun 10 am to 5 pm). Nor do we have the staff to call you up, or make a
delivery, when one of your plants here comes into bloom so that you can take
it home to enjoy.

Ten benches have already been reserved; we still have six available and may
be able to clear a couple more if the need is there.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

O/T: Jupiter No Name United Kingdom 14 26-09-2010 11:29 PM
Night gardening added pleasure Jupiter Bill who putters Gardening 4 20-09-2010 05:57 PM
Shelter for Koi? Michael Shaffer Ponds 6 28-04-2003 08:08 AM
building a mosquito resistant moveable garden shelter to weed gardens Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 3 26-04-2003 02:22 PM