Old 10-01-2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Newbie

In article 6IRwf.11126$sA3.10106@fed1read02,
says...
~Well Reka, I get your drift! *G*
~
~
Snowdrift?
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 11-01-2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Reka wrote:

In article 6IRwf.11126$sA3.10106@fed1read02,
says...
~Well Reka, I get your drift! *G*
~
~
Snowdrift?

Wendy doesn't DO snowdrifts!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

--

'Sno drift like a snow drift, I guess.
Dave Gillingham
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:00:28 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~I seem to have been asleep for much of this thread - probably because I'm way
~past Kye's "nearly thirty". But everyone else is doing such a good job I think
~I'll just sit back & enjoy it, despite what seems to be Reka's attempt to drag
~me in.

Hmmph! I'm not dragging anyone. It's just that the usually the older
generation "brags" about the walking through the knee-deep snow (or
apparently in your corner of the world, the dry, hot barrens) all the way
to school...

My primary school was only half a mile up the road (black bitumen). So I walked
to school, home for lunch, back to school, & home in the afternoon. Townsville
was hot enough that we all went to school barefoot. Have you ever tried walking
barefoot on bitumen at noon in a tropical summer? We all developed soles like
old leather. Even when we went to high school (& wore shoes & socks and a *tie*
- oh the culture shock!) the shoes came off as soon as we got home. At 17 I
spent a couple of weeks in hospital, and my feet peeled! About 1/8 inch of
horny callous peeled off both soles. I've been a tenderfoot ever since.
Dave Gillingham

Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Hi Dave

I remember similar early summer days in Melbourne as kids. We didn't go to
school barefoot (a bit more cultured in Melbourne) but once we got home from
school we immediately took off our shoes and ran barefoot on the black
bitumen road (impregnated with gravel!) to harden our feet ready for the
summer holidays when we didn't wear shoes.

Like you, I too am now a tenderfoot and can't walk barefoot on pebbles any
more!

Cheers

John
--
John Varigos
Melbourne, Australia

Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

You are so right Steve. Just give me good old heat.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Steve wrote:
Reka wrote:

In article 6IRwf.11126$sA3.10106@fed1read02,
says...
~Well Reka, I get your drift! *G*
~
~
Snowdrift?

Wendy doesn't DO snowdrifts!

NEWBIE HELP: How to seed? Nick Thudick Gardening 6 01-04-2003 08:44 PM
Newbie Noela Orchids 1 31-03-2003 06:20 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 07:53 PM