Old 18-12-2005, 09:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Raevyn

Default Newbie

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Jo and I live in Western
Australia.
At the moment I have about 15 Dendrobium Kingianums, 2 Dendrobiums, 4
Cymbidium, 1 Epidendrum and 1 Paphiopedilum. I've only been growing
Orchids for about a year or so and am totally addicted! I look forward
to the discussions in here

Cheers for now,
Jo

Old 18-12-2005, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Welcome Jo,
You have come to the right place as we have some Aussies in our group &
may
be in your back yard.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 18-12-2005, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Hi Jo

Welcome to the group.

Where abouts are you in WA - BIG state! I suggest you join a WA orchid
society if you haven't already. Tony Watkinson is
President of the Species Orchid Society of WA and if you are into species
orchids I am sure he would love to have you as a member and if not he could
direct you to a more general club.

Cheers

John

--
John Varigos
Melbourne, Australia

Old 18-12-2005, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Welcome, Jo! We do have some interesting conversations around here........

Diana

Old 19-12-2005, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

Welcome. I'd love to see some pictures of your kingianums. We don't post
pics here but we use alt.binaries.pictures.orchids for that. Hope to see
some of your pictures there.
Gary

Old 19-12-2005, 10:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Welcome, Jo, from yet another Aussie. Glad to note your interest in Dendrobes.
(The longer standing contributors here are resigned to ny tunnel vision.)

John mentioned Tony Watkinson to you. If you have downloaded the thread "Who we
are revisited" you will see John's response there, as well as those of several
others of the group. Hope you enjoy our company.

Old 19-12-2005, 10:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
emntee

Hi Jo

I am, also in WA and connected to a number of Orchid Societies. If you
let me know what suburb or town you are living in, I can direct you to
a Society in your area where you can get loads of info re orchids.

Don't be a stranger.

Tony

Old 19-12-2005, 12:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Raevyn

Thanks to you all for the friendly greetings, it's nice to meet such a
welcoming bunch
Joanna, Thanks for the welcome
Wendy, Thanks Love the Peter pan reference btw ^ ^
John, I'm in the South of Western Australia, in Albany. The weather
here tends to be a bit cooler than it gets in Perth, which suits me
very well
Diana, looking forward to the conversations
Gary, I'd be more than happy to post any pics I can find of my Kingies,
most of which are hybrids. I've only been growing them a year so I
don't have many pics yet, but I will post what I do have
Dave, Thanks for the hello, great to meet a fellow Den enthusiast! I'm
afraid I'm rather tunnel-visioned when it comes to Kingies, the first
orchid I ever got was a Kingie and they remain my firm favorites
Tony, nice to meet you, I live in Albany WA and I do know of the Orchid
Society down here, however I keep forgetting when exactly they have
their meetings :/
Thank You for being able to refer me on, although I do enjoy growing
these beauties by myself some advice and tips would go a long way to
help as I still consider myself a novice and don't know that much in
the way of technical details of Orchid Care.
Cheers all,
Jo

Old 20-12-2005, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Raevyn

Hi Kye,
Unfortunately not but I am interested in Carnivorous Plants
Cheers Jo

Old 20-12-2005, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Tis a pity, cos if you grew the Albany Pitcher Plant I would be begging some
of of you. I have been trying to get my hands on a few plants of it for
years.

Please keep me in mind if you ever see any locally available from salvage
etc I would be very interested in trading for some.

Kye.

ups.com...

Old 25-12-2005, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Raevyn

Hi Ray, Thank You for the welcome!

Kye, if I do see any Albany Pitcher Plants availible I'd be more than
happy to let you know and see what could be arranged

Season's Greetings to everyone, I hope you have a safe and happy day

Cheers
Jo
(P.S. I feel a bit silly, I wanted to post some pics to the
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids but don't know how? Any tips welcome,
Thanks )

NEWBIE HELP: How to seed? Nick Thudick Gardening 6 01-04-2003 09:44 PM
Newbie Noela Orchids 1 31-03-2003 07:20 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 05:11 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 03:43 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 08:53 PM