GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to resume watering dens? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/110251-when-resume-watering-dens.html)

kenty;\) 01-01-2006 10:38 PM

When to resume watering dens?

I have some dendrobiums which are resting,fimbriatum var
oculatum,kingianum,densiflorum,brymerianum,harveya num .You get the picture.I
have given them a little water or spray here & there.Some of these plants
have started to produce flower spikes/buds.When you are sure they are flower
spikes/buds do you start to increase water or hold off until new growths
appear / start to grow after flowering.
Cheers Keith

Diana Kulaga 01-01-2006 11:32 PM

When to resume watering dens?

Hi, Keith,

When the plants show either new growth or buds/spikes, that's when I resume
water and fertilizer.

Diana