GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rumor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/110302-rumor.html)

K Barrett 03-01-2006 09:38 PM

rumor

Any one else hear that Stewart Orchids is closing or otherwise going out
of business? Fordyce is closing, holding its last sale on Jan 14/15.
http://www.dvos.org

[wail] Where am I going to get my cattleyas from? *G*

K Barrett

danny 04-01-2006 12:57 AM

rumor

Carter & Holmes is still around (I need to go back there some day, it's only
a few hours from here.) There is also a lot of Cattleya breeding being done
in Asia these days, and there are several mini-catt breeders around. You
can also get the species from any of the South American vendors. I don't
think you'll run out of sources :-)
-danny

OrchidKitty 04-01-2006 04:19 PM

rumor

Who are the mini-catt breeders?

danny 04-01-2006 04:45 PM

rumor

Alan Koch at Gold Country Orchids in California and H&R Orchids in Hawaii do
a lot. Most other Cattleya type breeders probably dabble in the mini-catts
now.
-danny

"OrchidKitty" wrote in message
oups.com...
Who are the mini-catt breeders?

Eric Hunt 06-01-2006 03:26 AM

rumor

Without a doubt, Alan Koch at Gold Country Orchids is probably the best.
He's really putting effort into breeding minicatts that will bloom in
phalaenopsis light.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org