GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First new bloom has opened (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/110393-first-new-bloom-has-opened.html)

TonyB 07-01-2006 07:25 PM

First new bloom has opened

Yes, it opened slightly a week or so after noticing the new growth. Now
there is a second one that has protruded below it. The bloom is not as
large as when i bought it, but a good size nevertheless. Now if only I
can get my denrobium to show new growth.

Diana Kulaga 07-01-2006 08:42 PM

First new bloom has opened

That's great, Tony. Congrats on getting it to rebloom. The Dend likes a good
deal more light than a Phal. Could that be an issue?

Diana

TonyB 08-01-2006 06:54 PM

First new bloom has opened

Diana Kulaga wrote:
That's great, Tony. Congrats on getting it to rebloom. The Dend likes a good
deal more light than a Phal. Could that be an issue?

Diana

No Diana, i have 3 Dend's and experimenting with one in the same
location I got the Phal to bloom...much south light. The other 2, are
in my north window of the kitchen, and sort of dormant...nothing new
there for a few months. water it sparingly, not so for the south one,
doing everything to it as a Phal...to see the results, if any.