GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how to identify an orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/11073-how-identify-orchid.html)

Randy 20-03-2003 03:32 AM

how to identify an orchid

When my grandmother passed away, I got one of her orchid plants. I think it
is very old, for a plant. Where can I find a catalog of orchids with
descriptions and pictures, so I can identify this orchid?
Thanks
Randy

Ray @ First Rays Orchids 20-03-2003 10:20 AM

how to identify an orchid

Randy,

Unless it is a species and not a hybrid, it is unlikely that you'll ever
know the exact name of the plant, as there are so many hybrids out there,
plus variation within a hybrid, that it's an almost impossible task.

On the other hand, if you can post a picture at the
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids newsgroup (no binaries here, please), or on a
web page for which we have the URL, the easiest way to at least find out
what type of plant it is, is to simply let the folks here take a look, as it
is likely that one of us might recognize it.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

gy.com...