Old 11-02-2003, 07:25 PM
femalestrom

Default Has anyone grown Eulophia's?

Anyone have any growing tips? Mine has been stalled for a few
months now. I do not even show any new root development.
(I have it in a clear pot)

Thanks in advance!
Crystal

--
Ask yourself if you are happy and you cease to be so.

Old 13-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Dave Siegrist

Crystal

I have a few pots of alta's that I saved from the bulldozers down here in
Florida. They go dormant once they put up the flower spike in the fall, lose
their leaves and remain leafless and dormant until spring when the rains start
the cycle again.

Dave

"femalestrom" wrote:

Anyone have any growing tips? Mine has been stalled for a few
months now. I do not even show any new root development.
(I have it in a clear pot)

Thanks in advance!
Crystal

| Dave "-" |
| Siegrist (@ @) |
+--------o000(_)000o------------------------+
Old 13-02-2003, 07:55 PM
femalestrom

Thank you! I was just a little nervous because the leaves just
started turning yellow. I would have expected this sooner. The
bulbs still look healthy. Do you have a guestimate of when
these should start breaking dormancy?

Crystal

Old 14-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Dave Siegrist

Crystal,

If they are alta's they will start to grow again in March/April. They bloom in
Sept through October. They grow wild along the roads here in central Florida in
the ditches once the rains start again. They like it really wet. When I
extracted the plants I have I was digging in standing water, looking for the
bulbs, so there is no such thing as too much water for these

Dave