Old 23-01-2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Orchid advice site-Not to be missed G

I can hardly believe this is real. Someone pinch me (not you, Mick!)!

Follow the link and carefully read the page that comes up. Then insert any
name and any fake email address where called for and "click the button". And
don't miss the note about "furtilizing" on the opening page. LMAO!

http://www.orchid-growing-secrets.com/optinsplit3.php

Diana

Old 23-01-2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Diana,

I have some secrets about growing orchids also. Spray them all with
gasoline... then light a match to 'em. That'll kill the bugs... and those
damn snails too.

Mick

PS, Lemme' pinch you.

Old 23-01-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I can hardly believe this is real. Someone pinch me (not you, Mick!)!

Follow the link and carefully read the page that comes up. Then insert any
name and any fake email address where called for and "click the button". And
don't miss the note about "furtilizing" on the opening page. LMAO!

http://www.orchid-growing-secrets.com/optinsplit3.php

Diana

And if you do it the wrong way, you may hurt 'there' growth... Good
gods people, if you must try to sell snake oil at least get your
spelling and grammar to approach third grade level.

Oh, and this is classic... "- How to make sure your orchids have the
exact amount of humility they need!". My orchids are braggarts, I need
this tip.

Is this the same guy as the world orchid society? Or am I getting my
wires crossed?

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 23-01-2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

I think suckers are being born with greater frequency then they used to be.
Somebody finds this type of thing profitable.

Old 23-01-2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

And one of the secrets is about "ways to prune your orchids", I am sure that
will teach them the proper humility! So you want to brag about those pretty
flowers of yours, do you? Well, I will prune you, and then we will see
whether you'll have anything to brag about, eh?

Oh, and I did not realize that flowering season can be a delicate time for
my orchids. He offers to teach us how to properly care for them during this
time. I wonder what kind of advise he has: Don't crush the flowers? They are
delicate.

He also will teach "Exactly where your orchids must be located when they are
in bloom" Will he suggest his own living room do you think? That would be
exact.

Thanks for the funny site Diana!

Joanna

Old 23-01-2006, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:06:37 -0500 in Al wrote:
I think suckers are being born with greater frequency then they used to be.
Somebody finds this type of thing profitable.

The profit is probably being made by the person selling the
"Make thousands from your home" kit which included this klunker.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 23-01-2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Is this the same guy as the world orchid society? Or am I getting my
wires crossed?

I don't know, but a friend wrote to say he thinks it's the same guy who is
peddling self-hypnosis tapes. I thought it was funny as he** anyway.........

Diana

Old 23-01-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

The weird thing is, as some have noted, that people don't go to the trouble
to write this garbage if no one buys it.

Hey, $27.77 is all it will take to grow the wurlds beast orkids! Who cud
resist?

Diana

Old 23-01-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Niek Hanckmann

Quote: "- Why the leaves go yellow and how to fix it in 2 minutes."

He'll probably suggest to take an airbrush !

Greets, Niek

Old 23-01-2006, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Niek Hanckmann

Here is an other funny one:"- How to prevent your flowers from falling
off the vine so often."
Have you ever seen a flower fall off more than once ?

Or this one: "- How to use humidity to protect your orchids."
Take the firehose and blow these bugs away?

Greets, Niek

Old 24-01-2006, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Rob, I think this tip is only for those who live in the dessert. Kenni

Old 24-01-2006, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Hey, Diana. To be with what is obviously the "proper" group, don't you mean
"pedalling snake oil"?

Old 24-01-2006, 11:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
nigel savage

Very funny site indeed.

Of course, it's the pot calling the kettle black when Al can't spell
either:
------
I think suckers are being born with greater frequency then they used to
be.
Somebody finds this type of thing profitable.
------
Shouldn't that read THAN rather than THEN?

Ahh the delicate intricacies of the English language...

Old 24-01-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Nigel,

I have often thought that whoever invented the words "then" and "than" did
so on purpose to teach us all the proper humility, since as a result
nobody's spelling would be perfect every time -- it's probably the same
person, who decided that the Polish language needed to include several
letters and letter combinations that are always pronounced the same, and for
which there would be strict rules of spelling, but with a myriad of
exceptions to these rules.

However in Al's case, I suspect that Al did that on purpose. After all the
captain of the mothership might refuse to take him on board when it's time
for the return trip to the home planet, if Al appears to have become too
Americanized or too dedicated to American ideals, such as correct spelling
in English -- on his home planet however a spelling error in his native
language is probably a mortal sin or an insult to the divine orchid.

Joanna

oups.com...