Old 16-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered User

as listen that no any species of orchid is claim to be poisonous and this is proved in The American Medical Association of Poisonous and Injurious Plants.
Old 26-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered User

Selecting which of the two families is larger remains elusive because of the difficulties associated with putting hard species numbers on such enormous groups.
Old 15-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Fortuna View Post
I know that some orchids are edible, but are any of them poisonous? or have
poisonous parts?

Joanna

Does not list any member of the family Orchidaceae as being poisonous.

In other locations online you can learn that some are said to cause allergic skin responses. Cypripedium reginia comes to mind.

Elsewhere and even here in our very own archives you can learn Onc.
cebollata is said to be an hallucinogen.

From my point of view all orchids cause the hullucination that you have
unlimited amounts of money and space. However, I don't think you have to eat one to get hullucinogized. I think you just need to see one.
Fruit Trees
Old 21-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered User

The Orchidaceous or orchid family is a diverse and widespread family of flowering plants with colorful and fragrant blooms. It is one of the two largest families of flowering plants, with between 21,950 and 26,049 currently accepted species.

There are no known poisonous orchids, but there are so many thousands of varieties it becomes virtually impossible to test them all. One of the most popular flavorings however, vanilla, comes from the seed pod of an orchid. So it’s safe to assume that they are not poisonous,