Old 22-03-2003, 11:32 PM
rick

Default another phal query

hi all:

I have another query. What should be the approximate distance between the
plants and the fluorescent fixtures for optimum plant growth especially in
low light requiring paphs and phals. I use 2 full spectrum natural color
fluorescent bulbs mixed with two cool white fluorescent bulbs per bench .
thanks

Rick

Old 23-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Steve

You can and should go quite close. A few inches would be good, even for
Phals. Six inches will probably give give bright enough light for Phals
too. Phals can survive with extremely low light but will bloom better
with good light. Under 4 tubes, I think a foot away would be too far for
good performance of Phals or Paphs.

Steve