Old 23-03-2003, 01:08 PM
daniel bach

Default new little greenhouse, enough light?

Hi!

I have built my own little greenhouse (right word for this little thing? my
englisch isnt that good so far :/) in my room, for all my orchids which like
it humid.
but now I have doubt if there is enough light for them, i have upped some
pics of the place...

http://squid.de.tf/case1.jpg

http://squid.de.tf/case2.jpg

the window you can see on the 2nd picture is an east-window...

thx for your help,

daniel bach

Old 23-03-2003, 01:32 PM
kenwoodward

What you've built is called an orchidarium. It looks like a really good job
that you've done. There are two elements missing. You will need a fan to
circulate air inside the orchidarium and you will need to supplement the
light. If you search an archive of the discussions here, you will find
plenty of information on lighting and the orchidarium. Good luck.
________________
Ken Woodward
Newton, MA
http://kwoodward.net

Old 23-03-2003, 03:08 PM
daniel bach

"kenwoodward" wrote in message
What you've built is called an orchidarium. It looks like a really good

job
that you've done. There are two elements missing. You will need a fan to
circulate air inside the orchidarium and you will need to supplement the
light. If you search an archive of the discussions here, you will find
plenty of information on lighting and the orchidarium. Good luck.

alright, but this fan, should it only circulate the inside air or also merge
the inside air with the outside air?
can I take those standard-fans from a pc, or is 80-85% humidity too much for
them?

but you think that it is generally enough light for most orchids?

Old 23-03-2003, 05:56 PM
kenwoodward

A larger pc fan will work well. If you have an opening that you can prop
open in the summer for venting that would be good. In the winter you can
keep it totally closed.