GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Irrigation systems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/11394-irrigation-systems.html)

Barry 23-03-2003 08:44 PM

Irrigation systems

OK, I built a trellis for some of our orchids. The trellis is 14' long by
4'6" wide. Unfortunately, it doesn't
hold all my plants, but that's another story. I was going to get a portable
lawn sprinkler, but am considering
installing sprinklers or mister heads on the trellis.

Would love some ideas and advise on this.
My collection consists mostly Vandas with some Oncidiums, Dendrobiums and
just few phals.

John Mallery 25-03-2003 02:56 AM

Irrigation systems

You have lots of options. I use a DIG Irrigation Systems, low pressure
irrigation system, with misting heads (Part #43). It is inexpensive and easy
to set up and maintain. If you have hard water you might want to install a
"calcium inhibitor filter" from Charley's Greenhouse,
http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/. Visit
http://www.tallbaldandcrazy.com/orchids/awr.pdf for other resources. A low
pressure system on a timer would work well for you...

John