Old 25-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Debra Lewis

Default Santa Barbara Orchid Show

We are finally going to be able to go to the Santa Barbara Show!

Can anyone give us directions from the LA area to the show? We know how
to get to Santa Barbara, but where from there?

I did a Map Quest search for Earl Warren Showgrounds Exibit Hall but
there is no match.

Thanks,
Debra

Old 26-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:50:39 GMT, "Wendy" wrote:

http://www.sborchidshow.com/sb.html
"Debra Lewis" wrote in message
We are finally going to be able to go to the Santa Barbara Show!

Can anyone give us directions from the LA area to the show? We know how
to get to Santa Barbara, but where from there?

I did a Map Quest search for Earl Warren Showgrounds Exibit Hall but
there is no match.

Thanks,
Debra

Exhibit Building
Highway 101 and Las Positas Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 687-0766 (Showground's direct telephone line)

Preview Evening, Thursday, March 27, 2003. MORE INFO
Congress of the Cymbidium Society of America, Saturday,
March 29, 2003 MORE INFO
Awards Banquet, Saturday, March 29, 2003 MORE INFO

General: $10
Seniors (age 65 and older), Students with ID: $8
Children 12 and under (with adult): FREE
Tour Groups/Advance Sales (minimum 25 tickets): $8

I could not get the map site to open at Wendy's address, but this
address should allow Map Quest to find it.
SuE
Old 26-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Larry Dighera

Others have answered your question, but I'd like to heartily recommend
that you visit Cal-Orchid and The Santa Barbara Orchid Estate (and
perhaps Gallup and Stribling) while you are in the Santa Barbara area.
Cal-Orchid and The Santa Barbara Orchid Estate are located near each
other. From the 101 north, take the Patterson offramp toward the
beach until it becomes Orchid Drive. Look for SBOE on the left (east)
side of the street. Directly across the street (at the end of the
block) is Cal-Orchid. Both will have specials running in conjunction
with the show.
http://www.sborchid.com/SpringShow2003.htm
http://www.cal-orchid.com/

Gallup and Stribling is a large grower in Carpenteria.
http://www.gallup-stribling.com/

I'll be there tomorrow ant Friday. I'll be the tall fellow with the
Epidendrum flower in his lapel. Hope to see you there.

Here is information on the $7.50 SBOE specials:
http://www.sborchid.com/OrchidOfTheD...hidFair750.htm

Old 26-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Debra Lewis

Thanks!