Old 26-03-2003, 10:44 PM
David Jewell

Default Sticky Substance

General question here, some of my orchids seem to have drops of what appear
to be sap like on some areas of the plants I have particularly noticed this
on one of my Den. a Cyc. and a Ctsm. not sure if this is normal or
something weird none of my other plants seem effected I have noticed this
over the years at times and have just shrugged it off now I want to know.

Thanks

Dave

Old 26-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Kenni Judd

If it's generally around the flowers, take it as sign that the plants are
happy [but watch out for ants -- the stuff is sweet].

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
.. .

Old 27-03-2003, 12:08 AM
David Jewell

I am seeing it more on the new growth maybe only a small drop VERY sticky
and maybe only one small drop or two. As for the ants if they can make it
through the snow into my house they deserve a small treat.

. ..