Old 28-03-2003, 10:44 PM
cc0058529

Default first orchid

Just bought my first orchid. (Aren't you all excited? It said this on
the marker. DTPS Chia Hua Horn x Pha? Donsan Fancy. Does this mean anything
to anybody?
My question is this. It's in full bloom now, and being an orchid virgin
I don't know how to make it re-bloom. Thanks in advance.

Old 28-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Fred Garvin

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:31:24 -0500, cc0058529 wrote:

Just bought my first orchid. (Aren't you all excited? It said this on
the marker. DTPS Chia Hua Horn x Pha? Donsan Fancy. Does this mean
anything to anybody?
My question is this. It's in full bloom now, and being an orchid virgin
I don't know how to make it re-bloom. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your Phal! Moderate light, no direct sun. Feed every other
watering with a half strength solution of orchid food.

Keep the plant OUT of sunlight at all times. Flowers will last a LONG TIME
in low to medium light, slightly cool nightime temps.

After all the blooms die and you've cut them all off you can try cutting
just above a node where there was a flower, cut just about the 1st or
second node from the bottom of where there were flowers, not the top end.
Often a new spike will branch out. Some people just leave the spike alone
and a new spike will form, or not. Some people cut the spike down to let
the plant build up energy for next years flowers. I say experiemnt! You
never know WHAT these things will do next! Enjoy!!!!!
Old 29-03-2003, 12:20 AM
cc0058529

Fred Garvin, aren't you the "male prostitute" LOL...
Thanks alot. I immediately got my Phal out of the sunny area, and printed
the rest of your advise.

Old 29-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Fred Garvin

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:15:57 -0500, cc0058529 wrote:

Fred Garvin, aren't you the "male prostitute" LOL... Thanks alot. I
immediately got my Phal out of the sunny area, and printed the rest of
your advise.

Ahhh you remember "me"! Great skit on SNL years ago of coarse.
Back when it was a great show.

Old 31-03-2003, 01:44 PM
dusty

"cc0058529" wrote in
:

Just bought my first orchid. (Aren't you all excited? It said this
on the marker. DTPS Chia Hua Horn x Pha? Donsan Fancy. Does this mean
anything to anybody?
My question is this. It's in full bloom now, and being an orchid
virgin I don't know how to make it re-bloom. Thanks in advance.

Here's one of many online culture information sights
http://www.clanorchids.com/cultindx.htm

dusty