GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - Amazing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/123533-ot-amazing.html)

K Barrett 14-02-2006 07:43 PM

OT - Amazing

I came across this on another newsgroup. Simply amazing. Taken with
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' the ukelele has
risen to new heights.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/

'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' played on a uke. The solo is phenomenal.

IMHO.

K Barrett

Al 14-02-2006 09:49 PM

OT - Amazing

Golly, his finger didn't even bleed.

I really like this one. Thank you.

....and I also very much like Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 'Somewhere Over The
Rainbow/What a wonderful World'. If you have not heard it try to find it.

. ..

K Barrett 14-02-2006 09:59 PM

OT - Amazing

I can only imagine what it sounds like on real speakers. I only have
whatever is incased in teh mac mini to hear it on... need to get my act
toghther... one of these days...

K Barrett

Al wrote:
Golly, his finger didn't even bleed.

I really like this one. Thank you.

...and I also very much like Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 'Somewhere Over The
Rainbow/What a wonderful World'. If you have not heard it try to find it.

. ..

Reka 15-02-2006 06:41 AM

OT - Amazing

In article ,
says...
~I came across this on another newsgroup. Simply amazing. Taken with
~Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' the ukelele has
~risen to new heights.
~
~
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/
~
~'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' played on a uke. The solo is phenomenal.
~
~IMHO.
~
~K Barrett
~
Yes, but it's still hard to look cool with something that looks like a
kid's toy tucked under your arm...
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

J Fortuna 15-02-2006 12:43 PM

OT - Amazing

Kathy,
This is indeed wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Joanna

. ..

K Barrett 15-02-2006 04:15 PM

OT - Amazing

Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...
~I came across this on another newsgroup. Simply amazing. Taken with
~Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' the ukelele has
~risen to new heights.
~
~
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/
~
~'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' played on a uke. The solo is phenomenal.
~
~IMHO.
~
~K Barrett
~
Yes, but it's still hard to look cool with something that looks like a
kid's toy tucked under your arm...

*G*. I dunno, I think he's kinda cute...

*After* posting this (while my jaw was still dropping) I googled his
name and found out he's got 4 CDs. WMGGW is available at iTunes. Not
quite the same rendition, but close. As is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's
'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

Music to repot by

K Barrett

Steve 16-02-2006 04:32 AM

OT - Amazing

K Barrett wrote:

~
~'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' played on a uke. The solo is phenomenal.

Music to repot by

I don't know... during that fast part, I think the potting medium and
old roots would really be flying.

Steve