Old 17-02-2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default Renanthera monachica

Hello everyone!
I just picked up one of these plants. It's about 4 inches tall. I
searched the older rec.gardens.orchids topics for it and found it likes
light, warmth and humidity.
My question is - If I am doing well with a Christieara (Aer. flabellata
x Ascnda. Aroonsri Beauty) is that good enough for the Renanthera?
I also got a Pleurothallis cardiothallis. Intermediate tempratures and
a couple hours of morning sun seem to be the ticket for my only other
Pleuro (P. 'grobyii'). I started with one 2" pot and now have 3! Do
you think the P. cardiothalis will also be happy with those conditions?
In other words, is cardiothallis as easy as I'm finding 'grobyii' ?
I put 'grobyii' in quotation marks because although it was sold as
grobyii the flowers are yellow with a red lip and a member of a local
OS thought it might be costaricensis.
My growing are is an eastern facing windowsill, and some of the other
orchids that do well are Soph. cernua, Leptotes bicolor, Onc Sharry
Baby, Onc. Twinkle, Den. bigibbum, Hwra. Lava Burst, SLC (LC Jungle Elf
x Soph. cernua), Cochleanthes amazonica, BC Nok Noi, Enc. tampensis.
By "do well" I mean growing, with flowers at least once a year.
Thanks in advance!
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa.

Old 17-02-2006, 10:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Bob,

I think you will find that the Pleurothallis cardiothallis is one of the
easier plants to grow. I have grown them at moderate light levels under
warm or moderate conditions without issue.

Similarly, the renanthera will likely be fine in the christieara light
levels.

ups.com...

Old 17-02-2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel

Ray wrote:
Bob,

I think you will find that the Pleurothallis cardiothallis is one of the
easier plants to grow. I have grown them at moderate light levels under
warm or moderate conditions without issue.

I'll second this. My Pleuro. cardiothallis came as a small seedling,
and I had doubts about its survival. Now it's doing well, growing
strongly under fluorescents.

J. Del Col