GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help please! Humidifier in the home (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/12409-help-please-humidifier-home.html)

Elpaninaro 31-03-2003 06:08 AM

Help please! Humidifier in the home

Good evening all,

My thanks to everyone so far who has helped me. I have everything in place, but
now my final concern is humidity for these Paphs out of flask.

Today I purchased a small home humidifier- the type that produces warm mist. My
plan is to place the humidifier between the plants and the small fan I use for
circulation such that it blows the mist over the plants.

I experimented with placing it right in front of the fan and about 4-5 feet
from the plants, and saw little effect in terms of just pure observation (which
admittedly might tell me very little in this scenario.)

Any suggestions? Should I keep the unit closer to the plants to get the best
effect? These are corypetalum Paphs and will need a substantial amount of
humidity in the compot stage.

Thanks,

Tom.