Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Pristella

Default P. Dtps. Buds Shriveling

Hello, newbie here. I bought my orchid on Feb. 5 (a very cold day). Now
a week later, some of the buds are starting to turn orange and shrivel.
I'd like to
get some suggestions on how to keep this orchid happy. The tag says that
it's a
P. Dtps. (Judy Valentine x Minho Princess) B. P. Brother Victory B#1 AM/AOS.

The blooms and leaves look healthy. Roots on top of soil were gray and
very slightly shriveled but they turn light green/gray when misted. The
pot is the original store pot (plastic with styrofoam peanuts and wood
chips on bottom, moss on top, set into a larger clay pot). I have only
watered it lightly twice because I was afraid of over watering. The moss
has been damp but not wet. Am I watering enough? Do I need to repot?

I had kept it on a shelf that gets bright direct sunlight, but after the
buds started to shrivel, today I moved it to a different location in the
same room that doesn't get direct sun. Do you think this will keep the rest
of the buds from shriveling? What else can I do to keep it healthy?

Thanks for your help.

Pristella

Old 12-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Reka

First of all, (Judy Valentine x Minho Princess) is Doritaenopsis Brother Red
Splendor, so your orchid is now Dtps. Brother Red Splendor x P. Brother
Victory B#1 AM/AOS.
Second of all, most phals or Dtps will do this, as will many other orchids,
when they get moved into a new environment. That doesn't necessarily mean
you are doing something wrong. Make sure you are keeping it moist, not wet,
lots of bright light but no direct sun (though mine at this time of year
still get direct southern exposure for a couple of hours) and enjoy the
flowers. If you take care of it well, it will most certainly bloom for you
again next year (or even sooner) and keep all of its buds!

Good luck,
Reka

"Pristella" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 04:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 05:48 PM
Stapelia tips shriveling Jim Shaffer Gardening 6 24-02-2007 11:41 PM
Shriveling? [email protected] Bamboo 3 25-03-2005 06:30 AM
Clemitis leaves going brown and shriveling up ??? Tone United Kingdom 7 16-06-2004 01:10 AM