Old 01-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Pete

Default New orchid forum

Found a new orchid forum at orchidgreenhouse.com

Check it out!

Pete

Old 02-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Prem Subrahmanyam

Pete wrote:
Found a new orchid forum at orchidgreenhouse.com

Check it out!

I would highly recommend avoiding this site. The owner of this
site has been guilty of many nefarious e-deeds. He has spammed
users of this forum in e-mail promoting his site, spoofing the
addresses of others to make it look as if the e-mail seemingly
came from them (I got a supposed e-mail from Aaron Hicks asking
me to check out the site). He has also stolen copyrighted pictures
and cultural notes from sites such as www.orchidweb.com (he now
hides those behind a username/password/registration, so it's
harder to find them). He even (for awhile), put the American
Orchid Society forum in a frame, making it look as if he was
hosting that forum.

I also have a very strong feeling that "Pete" who posted to this
newsgroup is none other than the owner of this site.

Do not support this site in any fashion!

---Prem
www.premdesign.com

Old 02-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Pete

Prem,

I do not own this site. I just happened to have come across that forum
while surfing.

Cheers!

Pete

Old 02-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Gene Schurg

The question that comes to mind is WHY?

Why do I need another orchid forum? This one has a wealth of nice people
and knowledge.

Between the knowledge here and google, there is little information that is
known about orchids that's not available at my fingertips.

Hmmmm....and best of all it's free!

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 02-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Prem Subrahmanyam

Pete wrote:
Prem,

I do not own this site. I just happened to have come across that forum
while surfing.

My apologies for that, Pete...the owner of orchidgreenhouse.com
is known to post "anonymous" messages to newsgroups, pretending
just to be some guy who found his "wonderful" site.

I still stand by all my other statements...the owner of this web
site is bad news, all around. He's many times worse than that
Spike character from gardenweb.

---Prem
www.premdesign.com

Old 02-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Pete

Prem,

That's ok, no apologies needed.

Anyway, I have registered with that forum to see for myself and I like it so
far, nice software and some more people have joined.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Diana Kulaga

Here, Here! And where would I get the time for another forum? I'm so far
behind in repotting, etc., that I probably shouldn't even be in this one.
But I love it here, with our virtual family!

Diana