Old 02-04-2003, 01:20 PM
me

Default cimbidium newbie

I live in victoria and I would plant it in medium
bark ,also feed it orchid fertilizer and the when it
spikes feed it flowering fertilizer hope this help
shirley

---

Old 02-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Karen

me wrote:
I live in victoria and I would plant it in medium
bark ,also feed it orchid fertilizer and the when it
spikes feed it flowering fertilizer hope this help
shirley

---

http://www.cymbidium.org/

Best of luck to you and your cym.
Karen

Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 PM
profpam

Hi,

I would tend to agree. However, it isn't fertilizer, or bark that
induces cymbidiums to spike. I have experimented extensively with
cymbidiums, planting a few right in the soil (in the San Gregornio Pass
area next to the desert and mountains) -- decomposed granite -- that
is. I have had them spike only to turn to garbage (King Arthur and some
yellows) as temperatures reached a low and could not move them under the
eaves. I, however, do have 90% of my plants in pots.

I rarely fertilize my cymbidiums and still get blooms. Perhaps, it is
light, temperature, and other factors that control blooms in cymbidiums.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

me wrote:

I live in victoria and I would plant it in medium
bark ,also feed it orchid fertilizer and the when it
spikes feed it flowering fertilizer hope this help
shirley

---

My cimbidium just leaves Scotkat Orchid Photos 1 01-01-2010 04:40 PM
NEWBIE HELP: How to seed? Nick Thudick Gardening 6 01-04-2003 08:44 PM
Newbie Noela Orchids 1 31-03-2003 06:20 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM