Old 14-02-2003, 04:03 PM
P. J. Bloodworth

Default low pressure mist/fog nozzles

Does anyone have any experience with the many types of low pressure (40-65
psi) mist/fog nozzles that might be useful for humidification and cooling?
I'd like to avoid the expensive high pressure fog systems currently in vogue
that require a booster pump. A major plus would be the avoidance of drippage
following a mist/fog cycle.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 14-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Paul Simon

I've been using one that my store calls "bumblebee" misters. They're black
and yellow (double shot injection molded, I think) plastic and They cost
about 50 cents. They are apparently more than just a tiny hole and run on
line pressure. They have lasted me more than a few years, easy to clean, and
if not to throw away. The end has the standard barb and thread.

To take care of dripping, you will have to use some sort of check valve
arrangement. I have one mister that is below all the others and will drip
out and let air back into the system and about eliminates dripping from the
higher misters.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:15 AM
GASLEAK2

low pressure mist/fog nozzles

Thanks, John! I have been looking for some of the 1gph nozzles for a while.
Want to build my own misting system for my patio orchids here in central
florida. Going to operate it on just regular water pressure (50psi). Hope it
works. My orchids hang out on the patio in slatbaskets all year (except on the
coldest nights), and trying to find a way to mist them during the heat of the
day. Now just need to find a way to fertilize with the mist system about once
or twice a month.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ol' Gator Charlie
Old 10-03-2003, 12:57 AM
John Mallery

There are many devices that allow you to fertilize through a watering
system. Gardener's Supply Company has the Syphonject:
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...100&CMP=IL8894

DIG Corp - www.digcorp.com has a great variety of misting nozzles and a
fertilizer applicator.

"GASLEAK2" wrote in message

low pressure mist/fog nozzles

Thanks, John! I have been looking for some of the 1gph nozzles for a

while.
Want to build my own misting system for my patio orchids here in central
florida. Going to operate it on just regular water pressure (50psi).

Hope it
works. My orchids hang out on the patio in slatbaskets all year (except

on the
coldest nights), and trying to find a way to mist them during the heat of

the
day. Now just need to find a way to fertilize with the mist system about

once
or twice a month.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large

number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ol' Gator Charlie

Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (andmissing o-rings) Danny D.[_5_] Gardening 20 28-06-2013 03:44 AM
Fog on the Bayou - DSC_Bayou fog.jpg joevan[_2_] Garden Photos 0 07-03-2008 05:04 PM
Hago 4023 nozzles? Nancy G. Orchids 0 28-10-2007 07:50 PM
Low pressure sprinklers? Chas12 Lawns 1 06-05-2006 09:30 PM
advice low sprinkler pressure--brown patches on lawn Lil Gardening 1 04-07-2004 05:02 AM