Old 08-03-2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default Miami Orchid Show... save your money

Diana,

Thanks for the link - those displays were uniformly boring and
uninteresting, at least to me. The Boca Raton Society Display was a sea of
green foliage with a few orchids here and there. Not good.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Diana,

I think the natives want less displays and more tables selling plants
(preferably species and not all the hybrid junk that gets unloaded on the
newbies in Miami... ed). That's what I would like to see too.

Mick

====================

Old 10-03-2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Richard

Susan Erickson wrote in
:

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:47:27 -0500, "danny" wrote:

I guess people in south Florida may not need to have displays at each
of the gazillion shows being put on every year, but in places like
Georgia and Alabama where there are only a couple orchid shows in the
state each year I can't imagine doing them without the displays. Our
society puts in displays at a few other shows 2-6 hours away so that
those societies will reciprocate at our annual show. Florida probably
has counties with more orchid societies than we have in the entire
state. -danny

It is 8 hours from Denver to the Next society that does a show. We
are trying to push the Boulder, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs OS
into shows so we can get one closer than Omaha, Salt Lake or Santa Fe.

It is hard to participate when the next show is in the next state.

Susan,

The Lincoln (Nebraska) Orchid Society tested the waters last year, and this
year will be holding an orchid show in November. Yes, it's only an hour
closer than Omaha, but every little bit helps.

Richard