GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Masd. caesia--How Stinky? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/139079-masd-caesia-how-stinky.html)

jadel 14-03-2006 07:38 PM

Masd. caesia--How Stinky?

Well, I bought one of these. Now I am wondering exactly how awful it
smells. Are we talking very ripe limburger or 3-day old August
roadkill?

J. Del Col

Eric Hunt 15-03-2006 05:02 AM

Masd. caesia--How Stinky?

It's medium stinky, to me. The more flowers open, the stinkier. I rarely
smell it when just one flower is open unless I stick my nose in it.

Masdevallia velifera is MUCH smellier, for comparison.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

jadel 15-03-2006 01:08 PM

Masd. caesia--How Stinky?

Eric Hunt wrote:
It's medium stinky, to me. The more flowers open, the stinkier. I rarely
smell it when just one flower is open unless I stick my nose in it.

Masdevallia velifera is MUCH smellier, for comparison.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll give Masd. velifera a pass for now.

I noticed yesterday evening that the Masd. caesia appears to be forming
a spike, so I'll soon know first hand how it smells.

J. Del Col