Old 16-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Wendy

Default Orchid Dictionary

Anyone out there know of an internet Orchid Dictionary?

--
Cheers Wendy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 16-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

try
http://www.orchidspecies.com/

I usually start there when looking for species info and pix.

I remember a pronunciation guide somewhere too...

Old 16-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Wendy

Thanks Jerry, but I was looking for a list of orchid terminologies. I found
this glossary from The Orchid Lady.
http://www.orchidlady.com/gloss_banner.html
Cheers Wendy

Old 16-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

The AOS publishes "An Orchidist's Glossary," but it's not online.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

news

Old 16-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Wendy

Hi there Pam, I did the search & after delving into several sites, I would
land up at Linda Fortner's Web. *g* (it will work for me)
Just checked my Illustrated Encyclopedia & it has a glossary. Thanks for
pointing me
in the right direction.
Cheers Wendy
"profpam" wrote in message ...
| Wendy wrote:
|
| Thanks Jerry, but I was looking for a list of orchid terminologies. I
found
| this glossary from The Orchid Lady.
| http://www.orchidlady.com/gloss_banner.html
| Cheers Wendy
|
| Wendy,
|
| Try going to http://www.google and typing in: orchid terminology online
|
| In addition most of the better orchid books; e. g. The World of
| Catasetums by Arthur W. Holst and Exotic Orchids in australia: How to
| grow hundreds of species by David L. Jones contain glossaries at the
| back of the book.
|
| . . . Pam
| Everything Orchid Management System
| http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html -- 10% off Presidents' Day Sale

-------------
| "Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
| | try
| | http://www.orchidspecies.com/
| |
| | I usually start there when looking for species info and pix.
| |
| | I remember a pronunciation guide somewhere too...
| |
| | "Wendy" wrote in message
| | Anyone out there know of an internet Orchid Dictionary?
| |
| | --
| | Cheers Wendy
| | }{{*