GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie 2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/141217-newbie-2-a.html)

Mermaid 16-03-2006 01:26 PM

Newbie 2

Hi all,
I received a reply to my email on a society here in Chattanooga. I'm going
to my first meeting, Monday night. I am excited about meeting other people
that really know what they are doing. Hopefully I will learn or maybe some
of the knowledge will rub off on me.

I have one question about my cattleya. For some reason this year the some of
the top leaves are turning yellow. I don't know if it is because of lack of
feeding, too much light or not enough water. It need dividing badly. It has
really grown too big. I may be answering my own question. Could it be a root
problem? If not, how do you tell the difference? I am going to try to divide
it Saturday. Once the leaves turn yellow can I reverse it or will they
always be yellow?

Thank you
Paulette