GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black phals? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/141744-black-phals.html)

dada 31-03-2006 05:03 AM

Black phals?

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is anything as a "black" Phal. The one closest i have seen
is Dtps.I Hsin Black Jack "Black Heart" , but i would consider that to be a
very dark maroon.

Thanks

dada

Ray 31-03-2006 11:59 AM

Black phals?

Without dye, that's it.

IMO, most of those look like warts, anyway.

"dada" Dada@nospam wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is anything as a "black" Phal. The one closest i have
seen
is Dtps.I Hsin Black Jack "Black Heart" , but i would consider that to be
very dark maroon.

Thanks

dada

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

? 31-03-2006 08:13 PM

Black phals?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:03:30 -0500 in dada Dada@nospam wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is anything as a "black" Phal. The one closest i have seen
is Dtps.I Hsin Black Jack "Black Heart" , but i would consider that to be a
very dark maroon.

Take one standard phal. Airbrush with india ink.

The so called "blacks" and "blues" aren't quite.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

[email protected] 31-03-2006 09:07 PM

Black phals?

have not seen a true black; dtps black butterfly is dark purple.

now, there are some very cool looking nearly black vandas out there...

--j_a

Diana Kulaga 31-03-2006 09:43 PM

Black phals?

The "blacks" are really dark maroons or purples. I recently picked up Dtps.
Everspring Prince 'Black Eagle'. It is beautiful, but it ain't
black.........

Diana