GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   3 months old interacts with orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/142659-3-months-old-interacts-orchids.html)

J Fortuna 19-04-2006 12:36 PM

3 months old interacts with orchids

Yesterday my biggest bench hog needed to be watered, and David was helping
me out with it. In order to get to it, he needed to move a few other
orchids, so being a good daddy, he put the flowerpots on the floor around
the little rug our son was lying on, in order to provide 3-months old Robert
with some mobiles. Robert immediately proceeded to bat at the Phals' leaves
which caused the flower spikes to sway. He was happy. So David and I
proceeded in watering the aforementioned benchhog.

Robert was suspiciously quiet. When we turned our attention back to him, he
had overturned one of the orchid pots in such a way that the flower spike
landed right in front of his mouth, and so he was happily chewing on it. :-)
Nothing happened to neither the baby nor the orchid.

Joanna

Diana Kulaga 19-04-2006 07:53 PM

3 months old interacts with orchids

And where was the camera during this little drama? Sounds like Robert is
following in Mom's foot steps!

Diana

wendy7 20-04-2006 01:30 AM

3 months old interacts with orchids

(((LOL))) Can just imagine young Robert as a two year old,
he will probably know how to repot! *g*
Cheers Wendy

J Fortuna wrote:
Diana,
Sorry, did not have the camera nearby, and only thought of it once it
was too late and the event had passed. And, I do not chew on flower
spikes, though I have been known to overturn flowerpots occasionally.
:-) Joanna

jadel 20-04-2006 03:37 PM

3 months old interacts with orchids

Dave Gillingham wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:36:59 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Thereby demonstrating the final proof of the agreement reached on that thread
about whether orchids could be poisonous......

Unless they've been sprayed with something toxic That's the big danger
in letting babies roam a greenhouse. A little bit of poison goes a
long way for a kiddo.

J. Del Col

J Fortuna 20-04-2006 11:35 PM

3 months old interacts with orchids

J. Del,
Luckily I do not spray my orchids with anything, and I don't have a
greenhouse (that's not so lucky).
Joanna

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...

J Fortuna 02-05-2006 11:31 PM

3 months old interacts with orchids

The other day, David was holding Robert in his arms, standing very close to
the window where many of my orchids are, and Robert reached out, grabbed a
stake, and held on to it. It just occurred to me that he is rather young to
be a stakeholder. :-)
Joanna

John Varigos 03-05-2006 12:12 AM

3 months old interacts with orchids

Joanna

I think you are just starting to realise how big a stakeholder in your life
he is!! ;-)

John