Old 21-04-2006, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
sandra

Default My Phal Venosa just won't grow

Hello Everyone,
I've had a phal Venosa for about a year and a half, it first flowered
this winter, it flowered early because I live in a more tropical
climate. Anywhoo, After flowering, it just won't grow, the flowers have
died back, and the spike has stayed green(which I know is a good thing)
I just want to know what I might be doing wrong? I give it the same
conditions as I would give my bellinas, and other warm growing, intense
light growing orchids. It won't even grow new roots. I repotted it in
Feb, because the medium was going a little sour. It has not wilted or
anything, it's just in a state of stillness....I even tried using
supethrive for roots, but no no roots or leaves...Anyone have any
iedas?
-Sandra

Old 21-04-2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

That's not really an uncommon thing with orchids. It will grow when it
wants to.
-danny

oups.com...

Old 21-04-2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Agree with Danny. I have a Phal. leuddemanniana that I purchased in January,
in spike and with a keiki. Growth is painfully slow. Today I repotted it
into a slat basket with spaghnum moss and hung it on an angle, as
recommended by many here for this type of Phal. The roots are wonderful, and
the spikes and keikis are growing, though at a snail's pace.

The wonderment comes when that seemingly dormant orchid suddenly bursts
forth with stunning blooms. Makes it all worth it....

Diana
.. .

Old 21-04-2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yep, Danny's right orchid growers have to have alot of patience. I
fertilized mine and that made a difference but I also bought a phal.
seedling at least a couple of years ago and it's still not mature enough
to bloom. Don't be surprised if the spike shoots off another branch
beings it's still green. Burr