GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid Day (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/143300-orchid-day.html)

cvandyke 01-05-2006 01:55 PM

Orchid Day

Does anyone know if there is a National Orchid Day (or week, month etc)
designated in the US (or elsewhere) where orchid enthusiasts can share
their passion?

Thanks

Charles VanDyke

jtill 01-05-2006 04:58 PM

Orchid Day

From what is posted here every day is orchid day! ;-))
Joe T

Mick Fournier 02-05-2006 03:11 AM

Orchid Day

Charles,

July 4.

Mick

cvandyke 02-05-2006 06:10 PM

Orchid Day

Thanks Mick: Someone pointed out to me that the AOS designated April as
National Orchid Month. Missed that.

Charles VanDyke

On April 7, 2001, the Society celebrated its 80-year anniversary. To
commemorate this
milestone, the AOS officially proclaimed April as National Orchid Month.
The primary objective
of the designation is to recognize the popularity of orchids and to raise
awareness nationally of
orchids and the burgeoning hobby.
___________

--On Monday, May 1, 2006 10:11 PM -0400 Mick Fournier
wrote:

Charles,

July 4.

Mick

Mick Fournier 03-05-2006 02:26 AM

Orchid Day

Charles,

It's July 4. April is national orchard's month,

Mick

=============================

"cvandyke" wrote in message
]...
Thanks Mick: Someone pointed out to me that the AOS designated April as
National Orchid Month. Missed that.

Charles VanDyke

On April 7, 2001, the Society celebrated its 80-year anniversary. To
commemorate this
milestone, the AOS officially proclaimed April as National Orchid Month.
The primary objective
of the designation is to recognize the popularity of orchids and to raise
awareness nationally of
orchids and the burgeoning hobby.
___________

--On Monday, May 1, 2006 10:11 PM -0400 Mick Fournier
wrote:

Charles,

July 4.

Mick

Diana Kulaga 03-05-2006 02:18 PM

Orchid Day

Mick's back, and he's making up for his failure to lacerate the picture
posters in his absence.......

Diana

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Charles,

It's July 4. April is national orchard's month,

Mick

=============================

"cvandyke" wrote in message
]...
Thanks Mick: Someone pointed out to me that the AOS designated April as
National Orchid Month. Missed that.

Charles VanDyke

On April 7, 2001, the Society celebrated its 80-year anniversary. To
commemorate this
milestone, the AOS officially proclaimed April as National Orchid Month.
The primary objective
of the designation is to recognize the popularity of orchids and to raise
awareness nationally of
orchids and the burgeoning hobby.
___________

--On Monday, May 1, 2006 10:11 PM -0400 Mick Fournier
wrote:

Charles,

July 4.

Mick

Mick Fournier 04-05-2006 12:12 AM

Orchid Day

Diana,

I did not fail anything. I deliberately chose not to lacerate those retards
and all their lame newbie pictures. So be nice to me... or the orchid bunny
won't leave you anything on July 4.

Mick

==================================

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Mick's back, and he's making up for his failure to lacerate the picture
posters in his absence.......

Diana

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Charles,

It's July 4. April is national orchard's month,

Mick

=============================

"cvandyke" wrote in message
]...
Thanks Mick: Someone pointed out to me that the AOS designated April as
National Orchid Month. Missed that.

Charles VanDyke

On April 7, 2001, the Society celebrated its 80-year anniversary. To
commemorate this
milestone, the AOS officially proclaimed April as National Orchid Month.
The primary objective
of the designation is to recognize the popularity of orchids and to
raise awareness nationally of
orchids and the burgeoning hobby.
___________

--On Monday, May 1, 2006 10:11 PM -0400 Mick Fournier
wrote:

Charles,

July 4.

Mick

Diana Kulaga 04-05-2006 01:17 AM

Orchid Day

Mick,

As long as the orchid bunny is good to me on May 19th, he can take July 4th
off. Redland Rules! Then I won't need no stinkin' July 4th orchid bunny!

You know we miss your trash talkin', darlin'. Wouldn't be the same rgo
without Mick rising from the waters of Dinkins Bay now and then, after all.
(Yeah, I'm reading a Doc Ford novel right now.)

Diana