GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant I.D. Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya Drumbeat 'Heritage' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/143469-plant-i-d-cattleya-batalanii-aqunii-x-laeliocattleya-drumbeat-heritage.html)

Duncan V 03-05-2006 10:18 PM

Plant I.D. Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya Drumbeat 'Heritage'

I recently saw a pic of Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya
Drumbeat 'Heritage' on the web. Very nice but it was purple and the one i
have is yellow. Does anybody know which is correct? I was looking it up
prior to selling it and I don't want to knowingly sell a mislabeled plant.
thanks in advance.

Ray 03-05-2006 11:18 PM

Plant I.D. Cattleya Batalanii 'Aqunii' x Laeliocattleya Drumbeat 'Heritage'

Drumbeat is a standard purple "floofy" catt, and C. Batalinii I have seen
tend to have green petals and sepals.

Being as it's the pod parent, I suppose some strange genetic thing could
happen, but I'd tend to expect purple over yellow.