GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Citrus Wood for vandas? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/14348-citrus-wood-vandas.html)

Ol' Thornfinger 09-04-2003 03:56 PM

Citrus Wood for vandas?

I have a couple vandas that are in the classic slatted plastic pots, just a
tiny bit of mix. I want to attach them to some branches and hang them from
trees in my yard. I just trimmed my orange tree last week and saved some of
the more interesting chunks. My question is, is wood from a citrus tree okay
for this? I used to use mango with good results, but have since lost my
mango tree to a storm last year. BTW I am in south Florida. Zone 10B to be
exact...

Kenni Judd 09-04-2003 10:20 PM

Citrus Wood for vandas?

We have not done this ourselves with any vandas [we do have one on bamboo,
and it likes it], but we've mounted lots of other orchids on citrus trees
and they have generally thrived. I can't think of any reason for the
vandaceous to be different in this respect; to the contrary, I expect it
would work well for you.

We are also in south Florida; I'm originally from Ft. Lauderdale and now in
north Palm Beach.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd