Old 09-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Ol' Thornfinger

Default Citrus Wood for vandas?

I have a couple vandas that are in the classic slatted plastic pots, just a
tiny bit of mix. I want to attach them to some branches and hang them from
trees in my yard. I just trimmed my orange tree last week and saved some of
the more interesting chunks. My question is, is wood from a citrus tree okay
for this? I used to use mango with good results, but have since lost my
mango tree to a storm last year. BTW I am in south Florida. Zone 10B to be
exact...

Old 09-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Kenni Judd

We have not done this ourselves with any vandas [we do have one on bamboo,
and it likes it], but we've mounted lots of other orchids on citrus trees
and they have generally thrived. I can't think of any reason for the
vandaceous to be different in this respect; to the contrary, I expect it
would work well for you.

We are also in south Florida; I'm originally from Ft. Lauderdale and now in
north Palm Beach.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

"Ol' Thornfinger" wrote in message
I have a couple vandas that are in the classic slatted plastic pots, just

tiny bit of mix. I want to attach them to some branches and hang them from
trees in my yard. I just trimmed my orange tree last week and saved some

of
the more interesting chunks. My question is, is wood from a citrus tree

okay
for this? I used to use mango with good results, but have since lost my
mango tree to a storm last year. BTW I am in south Florida. Zone 10B to be
exact...

Citrus Plants, Citrus Feed, Citrus Compost Kathryn Selfe Marketplace 0 01-11-2008 04:41 PM
Are Vandas That Difficult ? susan' scott Orchids 4 08-12-2003 11:03 PM
Vandas in SH was Rhynchostylis care questions mg Orchids 0 08-12-2003 05:13 AM
vandas light level ron doctors Orchids 7 28-10-2003 02:12 AM
one of the Vandas Sekanek Orchids 1 30-05-2003 05:10 PM