Old 20-05-2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Redland Loot List

Well, we're back. I was good, very, very good, IMHO - just nine purchases.
And I really hit pay dirt at Andy's! Four species that I wanted are now in
my hot little hands. And, by the way, thanks to all the enablers who post
over at abpo, who, by showing me some orchids that I subsequently decided
were must haves, aided and abetted the growth of our collection.

Thus:
From Andy's......

Sievekingia reichenbachiana in spike
Den. draconis
Phal. tetraspis in bud (It will be interesting to note what these flowers
end up looking like. They vary so much...)
Nidema boothii (this was Epi. - why do they keep messing with our heads??)

And:

Paph moquetteanum in bloom, from Krull Smith (this was one of Frank's
choices, although he "doesn't grow them")
C. gaskelliana in triple sheath, from Cal Orchids
Lc. Canhamiana v. coerulea 'Cobalt' AM/AOS in bloom, from Godlove
Phal. Joy Leopard Mount in bloom on two spikes, from Joseph Wu
Asdca. Motes Hot Chestnut 'Isabella' HCC/AOS from, of course, Motes. Gotta
have one of his Vandas when we go down there.

Great festival!

Diana

Old 21-05-2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:00:31 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Well, we're back. I was good, very, very good, IMHO - just nine purchases.
And I really hit pay dirt at Andy's! Four species that I wanted are now in
my hot little hands. And, by the way, thanks to all the enablers who post
over at abpo, who, by showing me some orchids that I subsequently decided
were must haves, aided and abetted the growth of our collection.

Thus:
From Andy's......

Sievekingia reichenbachiana in spike
Den. draconis
Phal. tetraspis in bud (It will be interesting to note what these flowers
end up looking like. They vary so much...)
Nidema boothii (this was Epi. - why do they keep messing with our heads??)

And:

Paph moquetteanum in bloom, from Krull Smith (this was one of Frank's
choices, although he "doesn't grow them")
C. gaskelliana in triple sheath, from Cal Orchids
Lc. Canhamiana v. coerulea 'Cobalt' AM/AOS in bloom, from Godlove
Phal. Joy Leopard Mount in bloom on two spikes, from Joseph Wu
Asdca. Motes Hot Chestnut 'Isabella' HCC/AOS from, of course, Motes. Gotta
have one of his Vandas when we go down there.

Great festival!

Diana

And When can we expect photos on ABPO?

SuE
Old 21-05-2006, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

You guys did well & looking forward to pics of all the blooms.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Well, we're back. I was good, very, very good, IMHO - just nine
purchases. And I really hit pay dirt at Andy's! Four species that I
wanted are now in my hot little hands. And, by the way, thanks to all
the enablers who post over at abpo, who, by showing me some orchids
that I subsequently decided were must haves, aided and abetted the
growth of our collection.
Thus:
From Andy's......

Old 21-05-2006, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Diana,

LOL very, very good and only 9 purchases -- how many orchids do you have
now? If I went to a show and bought nine plants, ... Well, currently I don't
think that is ever going to happen, but then again I never thought I would
own over 50 orchids myself, so in a few years I may come back to this post
in the archives, and compare it with my newest purchase, and laugh at
myself.

Good for you. Congratulations, Diana!

Joanna

P.S.: I recently proved to myself that I am still an orchid addict. Even
though the amount of watering that I have to do with my current collection
is starting to feel a bit like a burden, and Robert is already eyeing up the
orchid collection for future havoc potential, and thus I had decided to get
only two plants during my pre-Mothers' Day visit to Al's, I then went to
Safeway for food shopping a few days ago, and there was this peloric Phal
Brother Lancer (with 2 spikes and 9 healthy leaves), which was irresistible.
Sigh. So I did not resist.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Well, we're back. I was good, very, very good, IMHO - just nine purchases.
And I really hit pay dirt at Andy's! Four species that I wanted are now in
my hot little hands. And, by the way, thanks to all the enablers who post
over at abpo, who, by showing me some orchids that I subsequently decided
were must haves, aided and abetted the growth of our collection.

Thus:
From Andy's......

Old 21-05-2006, 07:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

We'll try to post some pix today. Not everything is in bloom, however.
Joanna, we have around 250-275 plants now. I lost my log and have to do
inventory. It may be more by now. And, no one would ever have convinced me
that I'd own even *one* orchid, let alone hundreds!

Diana

Redland loot list! Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchids 6 26-08-2008 12:25 PM
Loot List! Diana Kulaga Orchids 8 01-02-2006 09:06 PM
Redland Loot List Diana Kulaga Orchids 7 18-05-2005 12:06 AM
Redland Loot! Diana Kulaga Orchids 2 18-05-2004 04:06 AM
FAQ List - FAQ List - FAQ List cormaic United Kingdom 2 06-11-2003 06:37 PM