Old 21-05-2006, 10:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
ZZ

Default How does one repot an orchid?

Can a novice do it, or can a customer ask a floral shop to do the job?
I've had an orchid (grocery store variety) for about 10 years. It has
grown quite a few new leaves, and bloomed, over that time. @@@ Now the
leaves are so heavy they are slowly pulling the roots out of the flower
pot. Also I recently moved, and that seemed to hasten the exodus.
Right now I keep the orchid propped on something, but it seems I should
consider repotting. ### It has bloomed well every year, except the
first year after moving here. This spring it has produced one pretty
white flower, and has a bud for another one. It has not produced the
many trailing tendrils it did every year in its former abode. Here, the
orchid gets more natural sunlight (through a lace curtain). In the
previous house, it got only indirect outdoor light, but was under a
regular lamp that was lit many hours a day. @@@ Any tips will be
appreciated. Thanks!

To Repot or Not to Repot Jane Orchids 5 01-09-2008 04:31 PM
To repot or not to repot, that is the question Jane Orchids 21 03-04-2007 05:32 AM
[IBC] *** [IBC] Hemlock repot ? Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 15-03-2003 06:44 PM
[IBC] Hemlock repot ? Robert O'Brien Bonsai 3 15-03-2003 04:08 PM
B. Nodosa: to repot or not? Orchids 8 27-02-2003 07:06 AM