GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lowes Gem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/14470-lowes-gem.html)

R&V Childers 10-04-2003 06:20 PM

Lowes Gem

I was in the local Lowes yesterday getting some things for my greenhouse
and decided to check out the plants. I don't usually get my Orchids from
home repair stores like Lowes or Home Depot, but there is the occasional
good buy. Wednesday was one of those days! I found a white Phal with two
plants and three spikes in a six inch pot with leaves over a foot
across. It was in oustanding shape and as I was checking out the roots,
I found a name tag. To my surprise, I discovered I had a named plant
that was awarded an AM as well. To top it off, the plant was priced at
$14.95. I'm not a big Phal fan personally, but needless to say, I
purchased this particular Phal. A picture of this gem is posted at
A.B.P.O.

Bob C.

http://vchilder.home.netcom.com

Fred Garvin 11-04-2003 02:44 AM

Lowes Gem

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:15:42 -0400, R&V Childers wrote:

I was in the local Lowes yesterday getting some things for my greenhouse
and decided to check out the plants. I don't usually get my Orchids from
home repair stores like Lowes or Home Depot, but there is the occasional
good buy. Wednesday was one of those days! I found a white Phal with two
plants and three spikes in a six inch pot with leaves over a foot across.
It was in oustanding shape and as I was checking out the roots, I found a
name tag. To my surprise, I discovered I had a named plant that was
awarded an AM as well. To top it off, the plant was priced at $14.95. I'm
not a big Phal fan personally, but needless to say, I purchased this
particular Phal. A picture of this gem is posted at A.B.P.O.

Bob C.

http://vchilder.home.netcom.com

My local Lowes usually has decent display of Orchids. Matter of fact it's
time for me to make a trip to see what new stuff they have. I also have a
local privately owned garden center that has some nice one's as well,
albeit a bit more money. My local Home depot's indoor garden center
sucks to high heaven. It's a cross from Marist college in
Poughkeepsie,N.Y. HORRIBLE indoor center.