Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM
germ

Default First Pic With New Digital Camera

http://members.verizon.net/~vze4xcmt...s/Masdvlow.jpg

Masd veitchiana x attenuata

No more 3 shots on the SLR to get one good one!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:08 AM
tom bell

Handsome Masdevallia, and nice, clear close-up. What camera are you using?
You might enjoy posting directly to ABPO.
Wish I could talk my one Masdevallia into blooming!
Tom

From: (germ)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: 10 Apr 2003 15:49:30 -0700
Subject: First Pic With New Digital Camera

http://members.verizon.net/~vze4xcmt...s/Masdvlow.jpg

Old 11-04-2003, 05:56 PM
germ

I got an Olympus Camedia C-4000. I selected it because it was point
and shoot for my wife, and had good macro for me. The site that gave
my "research it to death" engineer side the ability to decide was:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM?view=dp_macro

Usage of ABPO: Do you use it when you have no web space to post
images, or is that were all image related post should go?

Jim
Old 11-04-2003, 07:20 PM
tom bell

ABPO is a great place to post images for a lot of people to enjoy, and
for you to get feedback, if you peruse the group regularly. Depending on the
news server, your posts will be flushed after one to eight or ten weeks.
Tom

Old 12-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Susan Erickson

On 11 Apr 2003 09:42:04 -0700, (germ) wrote:

I got an Olympus Camedia C-4000. I selected it because it was point
and shoot for my wife, and had good macro for me. The site that gave
my "research it to death" engineer side the ability to decide was:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM?view=dp_macro

Usage of ABPO: Do you use it when you have no web space to post
images, or is that were all image related post should go?

Jim

I you have the web space - post both places. But we just got so
anxious trying to wait for someone to "polish" their web site we
all pushed to a news location where we could post and enjoy the 1
to several pix. The only request made is that the subject
identify the plant your posting and that you post pictures that
everyone can enjoy. It is suggested you save for the web - if
your software does that or in some manner restrain your photos to
reasonable size. Some of our regular viewers do not have fast
connections and a few even pay by the minute. So we try to
respect them. If you must post very large photos - please
suggest via the subject line that it is of a certain size. Then
it is easier for those with limited resources to choose the
photos they wish to wait on.

But please join us. There is never enough fresh photos
available.

SuE

Old 13-04-2003, 04:44 PM
TRAINMAN9

How do you post a picture onto this newsgroup? I photographed one of my paphs
that I am having a problem with and wanted an opinion as to what might be
causeing the yellowish brown streaks on the leaves.

At first I thought it might be spider mites but there is no evidence other than
the discoloration. I think if I post a picture I might be able to get a more
reasonable explanation.

Thanks
Old 13-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

You don't.

rec.gardens.orchids is NOT for binaries. If you'll subscribe to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids, you post pics by creating a new message and
attaching the image to the file.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Old 13-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Tracey

How do you post a picture onto this newsgroup?

Actually, it's best that you don't. Not to this newsgroup,
at least. Many some? Mine does! ISPs will automatically
drop posts with binaries that are posted to non-binary
groups. So, for the best chance of being seen, post a
picture on alt.binaries.pictures.orchids or post it on
a website and disseminate the URL here.

To do that (post a picture on a.b.p.o.), it will depend
on the newsreader you use. I know mine has an 'attach'
button to poke at and that will let you attach a picture
to your post.

Tracey