GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - Thank you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/145273-ot-thank-you.html)

bobc 21-05-2006 09:37 PM

OT - Thank you

Hello everyone!
I just want to thank you all for the enjoyable experience of reading
this newsgroup, where I learn about orchids and many other related
(more or less) topics without the rapidly tiring sniping that goes on
at another orchid list. Yes, sometimes it's amusing - in a sad kind of
way.
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa

Mick Fournier 21-05-2006 09:55 PM

OT - Thank you

Bob,

You should have been here 6 years ago.... Orrrr, maybe you shouldn't have
been.

Mick

Diana Kulaga 21-05-2006 10:53 PM

OT - Thank you

Bob,

It is a pretty cool group. We do, um, have our moments, but for the most
part our virtual family is on good terms. Glad to have you aboard.

Diana

Kye 21-05-2006 10:55 PM

OT - Thank you

Thankfully he wasn't Mick... I still remember those days with terror and a
weird sense of detachment as if something traumatic had happened.

Kye.

Diana Kulaga 21-05-2006 11:18 PM

OT - Thank you

Hmm. I'll have to go research when I first posted here. I don't recall
anything that bad, Kye. Wild and wooly sometimes, but not generally, IIRC.

Diana

Mick Fournier 22-05-2006 01:18 AM

OT - Thank you

Diana,

I may have accidentally given birth to the metal group Lordi (from Finland)
a few years before you showed up on RGO... so don't go too far back.

Mick

. ..

Kye 22-05-2006 02:36 AM

OT - Thank you

John,

His wrath is even greater than his humour... But we like him anyway :)

Kye.

m...

Ray 22-05-2006 03:19 AM

OT - Thank you

What? Is this a suicide note?

Get your ass in gear and participate, Bob. You've been a great part of the
family in the past, but you've been away for a while.

Yes, I agree it's a great newsgroup. Let's keep it up!

oups.com...

Reka 22-05-2006 06:02 AM

OT - Thank you

Mick Fournier wrote:
Bob,

You should have been here 6 years ago.... Orrrr, maybe you shouldn't have
been.

Mick

Eew! Yes, those were hairy times...sometimes nearly bloody...

Reka

Diana Kulaga 22-05-2006 09:23 PM

OT - Thank you

That's right. Mick may be an occasionally cantankerous, profane, rude, mean
gnome, but he's *our* occasionally cantankerous, profane, rude, mean gnome!
So there!

Diana

Rob 22-05-2006 09:38 PM

OT - Thank you

Diana Kulaga wrote:
That's right. Mick may be an occasionally cantankerous, profane, rude, mean
gnome, but he's *our* occasionally cantankerous, profane, rude, mean gnome!
So there!

Diana

Someday I hope somebody writes something half that nice on my
tombstone.. I want dibs on grumpy!

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Mick Fournier 22-05-2006 11:21 PM

OT - Thank you

Rob,

Your beautiful specimen C harrisoniana pollen took on my prized C
harrisoniana var alba. You will be getting your share when the plants are a
little bigger. This should be the best of this species in America for
several years to come. I made the first replate 3 weeks ago and they are
coming along fine.

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

=======================================

Rob 23-05-2006 01:48 PM

OT - Thank you

Mick Fournier wrote:
Rob,

Your beautiful specimen C harrisoniana pollen took on my prized C
harrisoniana var alba. You will be getting your share when the plants are a
little bigger. This should be the best of this species in America for
several years to come. I made the first replate 3 weeks ago and they are
coming along fine.

Great! That means I'll take dibs on happy, sleepy, and doc, in addition
to grumpy!

*grin*

Rob