Old 26-05-2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default miltonia and dracula cordobae

Sorry for the incomplete response, Sarah. www.google.com

http://crittercreeklab.s5.com/

For the rest of you, has anyone tried this test kit? Any info? It's more
costly than Critter Creek, but I'm curious.

http://jwund.homestead.com/pdviruskit.html

Diana

Old 27-05-2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

I just tried typing http://www.google.com in my web browser and it
automatically defaults to http://www.google.com.au/. It seems that both
sites are the same but the system recognises that I live in Australia and
refers me to a different server to ease the load. When I am in the local
Google site, I have two options - search the web or search Australian sites.
No matter how hard I try I can't use http://www.google.com in Australia :-(

John

"danny" wrote in message
. ..
Most of us don't use the Australian address for Google :-)

Ag Station is a local (usually at the county level) agricultural Extension
Agent, so named because the program is an extension of the state's
agricultural college(s), UGA in our case.

-danny

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Hi Sarah

Diana meant for you to search for "Critter Creek Labs" using the Google
search engine http://www.google.com.au/ This is a common Internet
expression now.... "to Google".

"Ag Station" refers to your local agricultural weather station usually
run by your Weather Bureau/Department of Meteorology.

Virus transmission is usually caused via a vector most often humans who
don't sterilise equipment but can also be caused by insects. Close
proximity or plants touching in itself won't transmit virus. Some degree
of trauma to both an infected plant and a non infected plants is required
for the virus to transmit e.g. by insect bites or human pruning, be it of
roots, leaves or flowers stems.

Cheers

John

"sarahsbs" wrote in message
ups.com...
thanks for the advice. What is Google Critter Creek Lab? I couldn't
find any references online. Also (and this may be a painfully amateur
question), what is an Ag station?
Finally, assuming it is a virus, how are they transmitted btw plants?
Does contact need to be involved or is proximity enough?

Thanks again

sarah

miltonia and dracula cordobae [email protected] Gardening 0 24-05-2006 03:02 AM
Plans for a Dracula Sinister Orchids 2 30-05-2004 02:07 AM
dracula vampira agnatha3141 Orchids 7 18-11-2003 10:02 AM
Dracula erythrochaete GrlIntrpted Orchids 9 18-11-2003 02:04 AM
Dracula vampira (was Time to fess up - What the most you've paid?) TU Orchids 2 02-03-2003 09:05 AM