Old 06-06-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Default Boggarden orchids (1/1)

Someone,

It's not nice to upload pictures to our sweet little RGO group. We are a
"talking" cerebral kind of newsgroup... not a dumping ground for picture
uploads.

Next time put the picture on your server and just give us a URL hyperlink to
it instead.

Mick

==========================

Old 06-06-2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:16:08 -0400, "Mick Fournier"
wrote:

Someone,

It's not nice to upload pictures to our sweet little RGO group. We are a
"talking" cerebral kind of newsgroup... not a dumping ground for picture
uploads.

Next time put the picture on your server and just give us a URL hyperlink to
it instead.

Mick

Mick, I am glad you took into consideration that he did try to
apologize. For most of us, this was scrubbed by our ISP anyway.

Always good to hear you being Kind. Keep the faith.

SuE
Old 07-06-2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Susan,

I am not getting kind. I would write more on this but it's time to go eat
my bucket of nails for dinner... and dinner is more important.

Mick

Old 07-06-2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Mick Fournier wrote:
Someone,

It's not nice to upload pictures to our sweet little RGO group. We are a
"talking" cerebral kind of newsgroup... not a dumping ground for picture
uploads.

Next time put the picture on your server and just give us a URL hyperlink to
it instead.

Mick

==========================

wrote in message

Why no pictures?
Joe T

Old 07-06-2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

to my understanding (moderators feel free to chime in) this type of new
group doesn't handle pictures due to size, pictures are either cut, or
the entire message thread is.

jack

Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Basically, if you want to post pictures, I made
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids to sarisfy that need. rec groups are for text
only usage.

Whilst an image WILL go through if you post it most of the time, Mick will
retaliate by going through you in return and most people would just block
your e-mail address should it happen more than once.

Cheers
Kye.

oups.com...

Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On 7 Jun 2006 07:59:20 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

to my understanding (moderators feel free to chime in) this type of new
group doesn't handle pictures due to size, pictures are either cut, or
the entire message thread is.

jack

You have it half right. This is an OLD group. A group from the days
that ISPs did not support binaries. This is a text only group. Any
photo may or may not be scrubbed depending on the ISP and who they
interact with. Many servers support portions of our chats. Some have
more space dedicated to us than others. The smaller ones scrub the
excess - old messages and photos go first. But a photo that squeaks
thru kicks out all the things whose space it hogs.

At least that is the explanation I have heard before. We are not a
new group. Due to the desire to post photos, Kye started a new
binaries (primarily) site (alt.binaries.pictures.orchids).we call
ABPO. You will find most of us read both groups and often post
references her to photos posted there. We maintain the discussion
here, partially because some ISPs will not host ABPO. Join us in
both, and please post photos over there.
SuE
Old 07-06-2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Gee Kye that sounds almost threatening, space hogs and all (do they
have wings or just shiny metal suits?) Beside watching mick tear
someone a new one for screwing up "his" group is entertaining

Jack

Old 07-06-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Susan Erickson wrote:
[...]

Sue, most know that but some newbies don't and some make mistakes. I
think that hammering them rather than explaining limits their
participation. Personally I am a lot older than this group, from the
time when groups wore long hair and lived in communes, yet the years
have left me with a sunny disposition, :-)) (That is a picture) and an
intolerance for cranky plank owners, and, being a former Marine,
scowles and screams roll off me like water off a ducks back.
Now where were we? Oh, if this is an Experts group I am out of here.

Joe T aka Julysun
Baytown by the Bay

Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Joe

Definitely not an experts group - just a mish-mash of people with a common
love of orchids and sharing tips on how to grow better. Some of us have
more experience than others and we welcome their contribution but everyone
is welcome to post drawing on their own experience.

Cheers

John

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Who you calling OLD, Sue? *poke*

I don't feel particularly old, although it is remarkable how long this
group has lasted without descending into anarchy.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Joe T AKA Julysun,

Yes, RGO is indeed an experts group. RGO stand heads above any other orchid
forum on the net.

So good bye and good luck somewhere else.

Mick

PS, Most posts here are 2kb... a selfish rude photo-ejaculating newbie
uploading his 198 kb picture ON this limited news server knocks off 99 other
"tail-end" posters with a much more important message, answer or a question
to post up. If you are so "old" you would have known this years ago.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Susan Erickson wrote:

You have it half right. This is an OLD group. A group from the days

EXCUSE ME! ROB who are you aging? I said that RGO was old. DId I
say you were? oR ME? Heavens... LOL
See you at the next show... This time I am going to find you.

BTW were you in Madison for the Feb.. show? Where are you judging on
the road next? Since St Louis is not a show, are you going to AOS?

SuE
Old 08-06-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

EXCUSE ME! ROB who are you aging? I said that RGO was old. DId I
say you were? oR ME? Heavens... LOL
See you at the next show... This time I am going to find you.

Dunno... Starting to feel old, myself, though.

BTW were you in Madison for the Feb.. show? Where are you judging on
the road next? Since St Louis is not a show, are you going to AOS?

Madison always conflicts with a local show, so I don't get there very often.

Next road show (or any show, I think) for me is probably Milwaukee. I
don't know that I can justify going to St. Louis just for a business
meeting. Must be some rich retired people in AOS who can afford to do
that, I can't afford it.

Rob

Old 08-06-2006, 03:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Mick Fournier wrote:
Joe T AKA Julysun,

Yes, RGO is indeed an experts group. RGO stand heads above any other orchid
forum on the net.

So good bye and good luck somewhere else.

Mick

PS, Most posts here are 2kb... a selfish rude photo-ejaculating newbie
uploading his 198 kb picture ON this limited news server knocks off 99 other
"tail-end" posters with a much more important message, answer or a question
to post up. If you are so "old" you would have known this years ago.

A 198 K post has no effect what so ever on other posters. Others with a
better grasp of the forum tell me this is not a masters forum and your
protest to that effect concerns me not a whit.
Joe T
Laughing in Baytown