Old 08-06-2006, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default was repotting

Thanks, as always Kenni and Ray. You are both very nice. :-)

What I really want to do with my few extra plants is share them with
people who can't easily afford $25 or more for an orchid, plus shipping
etc. The plants I have are healthy, divisions of the original ones,
but neither rare nor hard to find. And I need to make room for the
orchids that are growing up.
Perhaps a better idea would be taking them to the local orchid society
for their raffle/auction?

Thanks for letting me share!G

Bob

Loneliness is a power that we possess; to give, or take away - forever!

Old 08-06-2006, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Watchya talking about, Bob? Got plants to sell?

Diana

Old 08-06-2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Depends on your local OS. Some of them appreciate such donations, esp. when
they have a speaker that's not a grower who can provide them (yes, there are
some). Others have their procedures written in stone and can't vary from
them.

Also some potential donators want the tax deduction, which would require
that the OS be a 501(c)(3) organization (some are, some aren't).

But if you're only talking about a few plants, and not worried about making
$$ on them for your living, then assuming the OS wants them, it would be a
lot less hassle for you to do it that way. Kenni

oups.com...

Old 09-06-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Hi Diana,
Yes, a couple pots each of Leptotes bicolor, Hwra. Lava Burst
'Puanani', Onc Twinkle - white, Lc Jungle Elf x Soph. cernua, Pths
'groybii'. No Paph kovachyii or anything LOL
BUT - I would prefer to get them into the hands of someone just
starting out, not much money and hesitant to spend a lot of money on a
plant they're not sure of.
And ideally, after a few years or so they will divide their 'easy'
plants to give away or for a couple bucks, to others who are just
starting out. And so forth and so on ...
Which is why I later thought about the local OS route. I might be able
to more effectively control who gets those plants and for how much.
Bob

Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Good idea, Bob. An excellent way to ensnare another innocent addict, too!

Diana

[IBC] Repotting- Newbie question Luis Fontanills Bonsai 6 01-04-2003 07:20 AM
repotting. Buridan Bonsai 0 15-02-2003 09:03 PM
[IBC] Trunk chop and repotting Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 30-01-2003 11:36 AM
Trunk chop and repotting ss Bonsai 2 30-01-2003 04:37 AM
Repotting Phalanopsis Greg Orchids 5 26-01-2003 04:09 AM